Wednesday, April 7, 2010

the hardest part.

Do you ever feel like this when you exercise?

I sure do.

ugh. Sometimes I just don't get it. Maybe it is because I am in my late 30's and my metabolism is super slow. Maybe it is because I'm stressed out and not getting enough rest. Maybe it is because my body is different after having 3 kids really close together all in my thirties. Maybe my thyroid is suddenly acting up again. Maybe it is just a test and trial of my patience and I need to learn something.
You see, I have been working out like nobody's business. I did almost 100 minutes of high intensity cardio yesterday. I wear a pedometer to track my steps and in exercise alone, I did over 10,000 steps yesterday. I did a full body weight workout the day before. I track everything I am eating and have been doing this for a very long time. Do I do all this perfectly? No. I splurged over Easter- ate some white stuff-rolls, cake, ice cream. I slip up. I ate lots of chocolate yesterday- more than I should. And DIET has a bigger part in weight loss than most people think. But I do good about 80% of the time, really good.
 I am educated in the ins and outs of weight loss. I read. I study. I have even obtained a few certifications in the past in this area. I know what is necessary to lose weight.
And yet here I sit, my own weight not hardly even budging. I don't know what to do. I hate hate hate the way I look. I don't feel like myself at all. And it is all because of my weight, because of my looks. Sad. Pathetic. Probably.

I am not the cute energetic stylish person I was when I was single and that BUGS me. Because inside I feel like the same person.
And so I have decided to approach my weight loss efforts in a new way: I am focusing on getting healthy- more than I have been. And my over 90 minutes of cardio? Well I am going to still do what I can-but sometimes less is more and I know that. And some weights- more weights. And hopefully over time, it will all show up on the scale. And I'll look like I feel on the inside. At least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment