Saturday, April 10, 2010

With a Little Help...

Lots of working out this week. I did about 200 minutes of cardio and about 150 minutes of weight lifting/toning. Now to get the weight to come off.

I am a firm believer in the "calories in calories out" principle. However, I also believe the quality of those calories makes a difference too. And I do not believe in fad diets (hcg-if it works for you great). But I don't go for it at all.

You would think since I have been diligent about exercise and recording my calories- and keeping them at the right amount to lose weight, that the pounds would just melt away. Guess what?? It isn't happening. I am losing about 1/2 a lb. a week. But since FEB. my low weight of the month has been the same. No change- well maybe one pound less now. I did lose 2 inches off my back/bust in 2 weeks, while no change in my waist and hips. So I know I am doing something right-since I did lose 2 inches. This is when you need to get a little help. Blood work. Testing. See your doctor and make sure you don't have thyroid problems or something. I have had those in the past; so I get my checked regularly. And this is when you need to shake things up, get some extra help, or try something new.

So I added 2 new tools -this week I fully intend to implement into my week:

Enter NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES. I researched many DVD's and found this one. Click HERE to see the reviews. I have Winsor Pilates. Do it a few times a week. I have all the Taebo ones. Do those too. I have quite a  few workout videos but a new one was needed and this was very affordable at Target.

 And if you are looking for a really good workout video, and need a good website, check out collage video-the best to find any workout video. Lots of reviews, and lots of different choices. A great resource!

And I have several great cookbooks that I love (I'll share that later) for healthy eating, but this new one really got me excited about yummy healthy eating-plus I love Hungry Girl.



Now the only thing I need is a support group-a  in real life support group would be the best-of course. :) People who are trying to lose weight from babies- and you don't count if you weigh under 150....and think you are fat. That is just ridiculous. and I used to be one of those people...pathetic.
So if you are a person who isn't one of those people - let's support each other!

I'm making my first recipes tomorrow from the cookbook. I'll be trying out the DVD in its entirety Monday.
Stay Tuned.... the journey continues.....

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you! I need to lose about 60 lbs. I think I'm just stressed most of the time, and don't have a lot of times, so the less healthier alternative is just easier. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete