Thursday, April 1, 2010

To Run or Not To Run....

I reallyreally want to run a race. But I am not in the kind of shape I was when I ran and ran.
See today the St. George Marathon registration opened. I have run that marathon 5 or 6 times. 5 I think.
I have also run the NYC marathon and the LA marathon. And now I run like 3 miles a day--on a good day- and these miles are s-l-o-w.
There are lots of great fun physical things I used to do that I currently am not doing- like snowboarding. How I miss it.
So the debate continues- do I have the time to actually train properly for a marathon? This would be a good time- as I am not pregnant or nursing- and probably won't be for a little while.
I have registered for this lovely marathon before- all in the name of "if I pay the million dollars and register-then I'll train" and I  only ended up throwing my money away because I did not have the time to be a proper mom and train for a marathon. It takes a lot of time and energy to do that.
So I ask myself, "to run or not to run?" Maybe I'll register for a shorter closer race- one that I actually have the time to train for. But then again- training for a race and trying to lose weight-that is like riding your bike while juggling--- it could work but most likely doesn't. And I have experienced that.

Where to focus....just getting healthy. Maybe doing a race- a 6 miler or something- perhaps a 1/2 marathon. But a full marathon- although that is what I really really want to be doing- in my heart- I know I should not put my energy there right now.
And I will run that distance again. Soon- whether I'm skinny or not- I will run the distance again...

No comments:

Post a Comment