Sunday, March 14, 2010

Count Count Calories

I don't care what people think or believe about diets, there is one way, and one way only to keep the weight off for good. It is all about calories in, calories out.  And I believe the QUALITY of calories also makes a BIG difference. Make every calorie count. That is my goal. Only 200 calories of "junk/treats" a day- although somedays it is higher than that. But we are working on that. 200 calories a day of treats, can actually be quite a bit if you pick your treats wisely. :) ( example-8 yogurt covered pretzels from Trader Joe's- or those FLIPZ- has 190 calories- only 8 of them!! Not a good use of 200 treat calories.... Or a frozen Fudge Bar only has 100, and then you still have 100 more for treats- now that is sweet!)

I used to work for Weight Watchers. I still count my points, and use Weight Watchers online. BUT I have found that recording my points along with my calories is the most effective. So I got a NEW calorie counter book- since I lost my old one recently that was this same book but a version from about 5 years ago.

So I have this new version now. Hope I can still find my old one- and have two so I have no excuses.
Why do you need a calorie counter book?
I have figured that every bite I put in my mouth has approximately 25 calories-see pretzel example above. Ugh. So if you take 10 licks, nibbles, tastes, or bites, you just consumed 250 calories. -approximately. Do that a few times a day- like I do somedays- and you could consume 500-1000 extra calories just from bites, licks, nibbles, and tastes. Scary! SO... having a calorie counter book and recording calories along with my points,  helps me just be more honest and accurate about the calories I am consuming. IF YOU BITE IT, WRITE IT...it works!

Except today was my free day. And yesterday. Birthday weekend. What can I say. We start fresh and new tomorrow. And we count every bite. Let's see where it gets me. Hopefully to a better place than where I was last week. Baby steps people. Baby steps all the way there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment