Sunday, March 21, 2010

If scales weighed in calories...


I weigh myself every morning and night. While some would disagree, it actually helps me. Even if the weight loss is slow right now- that is another story.
My scale weighs me to the closest tenth of a pound. So I was thinking, what if scales weighed in calories?
It takes 3500 calories to equal one pound of fat on your body.
So if my scale says I weigh 120.2 it would say I weighed 120 pounds, and 700 calories.
Here is the break down:
.1 = 350 calories
.2= 700 calories
.3 = 1050 calories
.4=1400 calories
.5=1750 calories
.6=2100 calories
.7=2450 calories
.8=2800 calories
.9=3150 calories
and a pound equals 3500 calories.
Sure makes eating that extra dessert,  a little easier to turn down when you think of it like this huh?
At least for me it does.
See if I eat that one extra piece of chocolate cake that is 350 calories, the scale will be up .1 for it. And usually you don't eat one- so it really could be up .2- for 700 extra calories.- obviously depending ont he cake-.  Doesn't sound like much, until you equate it to poundage. eeww...kind of makes me want to fast.

LAST NIGHT one of my friends, saw a photo of me when I was NORMAL size, like before I had kids. She said, "you were so tiny/skinny." I am just a normal person in a "fat" body working on getting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment